Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Be Like Christ - Jason

Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. (Philippians 2:3, 4 NASB)

This passage doesn't mean that we think less of ourselves, that we aren't good enough;, it means we think of ourselves less and consider others more. When we look at the life of Jesus on this earth, everything He did was framed around us, those He came to save. 

I tend to think of others more than I do, taking their feelings into consideration more than mine sometimes. But although this may be good, how long before this vessel breaks down due to lack of maintenance? God's best work is done through the overflow of my own heart and I need to care for my own spiritual well-being first and let it overflow from there on to my wife, family, friends, church and so on... The key is not to stop pouring into my life but to keep pouring and let it overflow to those around me.

Father God, thank You for the ultimate example of humility. Lord, I pray for a heart like David's so that everything I put my hands to will be fruitful and glorifying to You. But I know there aren't any shortcuts to this and I need to work from the inside-out. Lord, I ask for patience as I allow the miracle to happen. In the mighty name of Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment