Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Secret - Jason

I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:12, 13 NASB)

Paul has gone through a lot.  He's suffered so much, even to the point of death and imprisonment but the one thing that he's sustained was his faith.  How did he do this?  It was because he knew the secret: God's Strengthening Spirit.  Through the Holy Spirit, his sights remained focused on eternity and not the circumstances around him.  He could navigate the obstacles of this fallen world because he kept his eyes on the distance and not to the distractions.  Always looking forward at Jesus will carry us into eternity.

I remember a teaching by Pastor Wayne on how he was taught to look forward into the turn (motorcycle class) instead of the guard rails right beside him.  If he were to look at those guardrails, he'd most certainly would've hit them.  Another example is walking a tightrope or a balance beam.  If we look at our feet instead of focusing ahead, we'll end up wobbling and falling off.  This is true with our walk with God.  The secret is to focus on eternity with the Holy Spirit as our coach, our mentor.

Father God, thank You so much for Your mighty Holy Spirit, who guides and directs our steps.  I pray Father God that a transformation continues to happen in my life, my wife's life, my whole family's life.  Help me stop looking at my current conditions an make eternal decisions based on temporal situations... I know the secret and that's You.

No comments:

Post a Comment