Monday, May 7, 2012

Choose to Come Back for Correction

S) I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; 
I will counsel you with My eye upon you. Do not be as the horse or as the mule which have no understanding, 
Whose trappings include bit and bridle to hold them in check, 
 Otherwise  they will not come near to you. (Psalm 32:8, 9 NASB)

O) A psalm of David about accountability with God, forgiveness for transgressions, and the blessings of trusting in the Lord.

Here God is speaking to David. He says he will keep his eye on him and instructs David to choose not to be a jackass. David must choose to come back to God for correction and not the other way around.

A) I should assess how often I come back to God for correction. I often find myself wanting accountability for my struggles because I am unwilling to be above reproach... Through this word, I am reminded that Jesus is there for me but I must go to him as I am, filthy and longing to be clean again.

P) Lord, thank you for reminding me to be above reproach. Please forgive me for my transgressions and thank you for your blood that covers my sin. Help me to stay close to you and to always come back for correction. I choose this today. Help me to do so everyday.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment