Thursday, May 24, 2012

Faithful God - Jason

Faithful God

Nevertheless I will not do it in your days for the sake of your father David,  but  I will tear it out of the hand of your son. However, I will not tear away all the kingdom,  but  I will give one tribe to your son for the sake of My servant David and for the sake of Jerusalem which I have chosen." (1 Kings 11:12, 13 NASB)

Even when we're so unfaithful, God is perfectly faithful.  The LORD had every right to tear away the kingdom from Solomon because of his disobedience but acknowledged king David, Solomon's father and faithful servant of the Almighty, as being the reason why there's one tribe left under Solomon's son.  Why did He do this? Because God is true to His word and was faithful to David, His servant.  

When I try to be like Christ, I need to look at David's relationship with the Father as well. Yes, David made his mistakes  but kept his heart in tune (even if it went out of tune for a while) with the Creator.  No matter how many times I crash and burn I cannot deny the wonderful relationship God wants with me.  King Solomon did so much to build the temple, with all the riches; but David built it in his heart.

Father God, I want to be madly in love with You.  Help me to see and understand the undesired paths I take in my life and quickly readjust back to You.  I know it's my heart that You desire and I pray every action is a reflection of it.  In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment