Tuesday, May 1, 2012

2 Sam 1 - Gabe


S) Then David said to him, "How is it you were not afraid to stretch out your hand to destroy the LORD'S anointed?" And David called one of the young men and said, "Go, cut him down." So he struck him and he died. David said to him, "Your blood is on your head, for your mouth has testified against you, saying, 'I have killed the LORD'S anointed.'" (2 Samuel 1:14-16 NASB)

O) At this time, there was a transition in leadership in Israel.  King Saul was killed while David was on the run but after endless times of persecution, God finally vindicated David.  At the same time however, David realized the importance of the Lord's anointed.  He believed that whoever God chose despite their character was still to be revered and when a young man gave the report to him about assisting in killing Saul, David knew that the young man lacked reverence and was to be killed for that.

A) God's choice and my choice are many times different from each other.  It doesn't matter who God chooses to lead, they are to be acknowledged as God's chosen.  There have been many times in my life when I despised certain leaders because I disagreed with their decisions or I couldn't understand what they were doing in a certain season but I am reminded here that whoever God chooses for leadership is chosen for a reason.  I must respect the decisions of God.

P) Lord, thank you for the reminder that what you choose is good and for your glory.  Help me to not worry about your decisions but to trust you and to support the leaders in my life.  Even though there are times that I cannot understand your decision, I know that there is a plan behind it.  Please help me to trust your decisions.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment