Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So Much More - Jason

So Much More

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. (Romans 5:1, 2 NASB)

There's so much more than what we can see or even experience spiritually with the Holy Spirit in these days. We've been given what we need to navigate and experience God's wonderful character but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Our minds cannot understand or fathom His full holiness so He gives us what we can process without hurting ourselves. Paul's letter to the Romans shows that the grace we're standing in is just the introduction; there's way more to come.

Sometimes I get trapped into feeling like this temporary world is all I have. I start questioning myself on whether there's anything more in store for me, my family. But passages like this quickly pull me back, knocking me on the head saying, "snap out of it!" This world is a passageway to something much, much greater that I can't even imagine. But there's going to be enough breadcrumbs along the way so I won't get lost. I need to take my spiritual rations and keep on course. I need to keep moving and not dwell in my earthly state.

Father God, please forgive me of my unfaithfulness at times. You know how I am, I overreact and start planning my future based off temporary circumstances. Lord, help me to always be on level ground, to check my heart and know my course. Thank You for leading me, my family, Your children into eternity! In the amazing name of Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment