Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Feet that Go - Jason


Feet that Go

How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!" (Romans 10:14, 15 NASB)

In this chapter, Paul is urging believers to increase God's word not only in our hearts but in each person He presents at our door. Paul's sharing his desire for each person to know Jesus for their salvation. But how will this happen? It won't just happen out of thin air. As the Father sent Jesus, so Jesus commissioned each of us to go forth and make disciples of all nations. We've been sent and it's our responsibility to get our feet moving.

Sometimes I feel I'm not good enough to deliver a message. Other times I feel it's my responsibility, my calling to preach the gospel. But what it really is, is that I'm called to respond to whom God delivers. I need to stop picking and choosing who to minister to; stop choosing how it's going to be done. I just need to get my feet moving in God's direction and He will anoint and touch hearts.

Father God, thank You for Your Word and Spirit. Help me to live a life full of obedience and boldness. You know my struggles and strongholds, I pray Father that chains are broken and Your mighty power and strength shines through so that I may be used to spread the wonderful news of salvation and not be a hinderance to all that You're doing. In Your saving name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment