Friday, May 4, 2012

Giving Appropriately - Jason

Giving Appropriately

Show Me the coin used for the poll-tax." And they brought Him a denarius. And He *said to them, "Whose likeness and inscription is this?" They *said to Him, "Caesar's." Then He *said to them, "Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's." (Matthew 22:19-21 NASB)

God's response to the test question here was amazing and really strikes deeply.  We are to give God what's His, our hearts, our devotion and love.  The material things we have, it's not eternal so why store it up?  Yeah, it has worldly value and used to navigate through as sojourners but that's where it ends.  

In my devotion or giving to God, am I using worldly things?  Am I giving the world my eternal things?  Like, am I giving my spirit, my joy, my giftings to an eternal or temporal world?  I think I switch it around.  I think I give my heart to the temporal and my worldly sacrifices to God.  I need to be careful to give God what's His and the world what's theirs.

Father God, help me discern what these are.  Help me to know and guide me through these choices.  I fail so often that I become too familiar with my transgressions, may it not be that way.  I thank You for pouring life into me, help me steward that well.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment