Friday, May 4, 2012

The Determined Blind Dual

S As they were leaving Jericho, a large crowd followed Him. And two blind men sitting by the road, hearing that Jesus was passing by, cried out, "Lord, have mercy on us, Son of David!" The crowd sternly told them to be quiet, but they cried out all the more, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!" And Jesus stopped and called them, and said, "What do you want Me to do for you?" They *said to Him, "Lord,  we want  our eyes to be opened." Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him. (Matthew 20:29-34 NASB)

 O As I am writing this I find myself in the midst of heightened allergies.  My face like a dried prune, my nose running a marathon, and my body aches. I was about to pop a pill to stop the marathon and its accompanying symptoms, but as I was finishing my reading, I passed by two blind men who had a need and wanted to do something about it. They must've heard about Jesus, who He was and what He did.  The blind men could hear the LARGE crowd get excited as Jesus grew near.  [What was the crowd  moved  by?] At the right moment, one of them began to SHOUT, "Jesus, Jesus, Son of David have mercy." Then the other followed as well.  Jesus, Jesus, Son of David, have mercy.  I could imagine the crowd looking at them in disgust.  "Who do they think they are?"  Hey you two, shut up!  Probably even pushed them aside...and threaten them.  But they [were determined and] cried, shouted, screamed, yelled even louder, moving their body and heads from left to right yelling, trying to locate Jesus by their hearing, until they got the Master's attention.  Their faith and determination moved Jesus to say, "What do you want me to do"?

 A I am glad that I passed by the two blind men today.  I've learned from them to call upon His name no matter what the crowd may say, might say, will say, and have said.  I've learned that when I have a need or a problem I must cry out and trust Him.  He is a compassionate Savior.  But most importantly, I've learned that there will be times that I will be a part of the crowd that is following Jesus, and in that crowd will be the two blind men, the woman with the issue of blood, the man whose daughter was ill and near death, the hurting, and the desitute. I must not try to quiet them down, but to help make way for them to see and meet the Master.

 P Father thank you for the lesson of my two blind friends who needed a healing and knew that You would heal them no matter what their surrounding circumstance was. Help me, when I am in the crowd to recognize and direct others to You when they are right next to me.  Help me to be patient and attentive and compassionate.  In Jesus name.  Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment