Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Matt 18 - Bruddah Shon


"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come." (Matthew 18:7)

Sometime I find/see other people who want to undermine the faith of a Christian. Believers, unbelievers and even young ones. God takes this very seriously. Jesus said in verse 6, "that for anyone who would go out of their way to try to hurt someone in their spiritual life or to challenge it or destroy it, it would be better if a millstone were tied around their neck and they were drowned in the depths of the sea."

Here is what I need to remember: I am being watched by the younger generation, believers and non-believers everyday. I should live in a way that others could see and find something in my life worth imitating. Imagine if all churches was like me? In a sense, it is...because it is made up of people like you and me. And everyone of us either contributes to its strength and growth, or we contribute to its weaknesses and decline. It is not an issue of I am or you are an example, because everyone is example. The only question is, are you a good one or a bad one?

Father, I come into your presence oh Holy God. Knowing that I am being watched by so many, and even you! I pray to be an example in what I say, the way I live, in love, faith and purity. In Your most precious Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment